Sunday, December 27, 2009

Art Blog: HELP From My Friends?

“Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm I get high with a little help from my friends,
Oh, I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends”
With A Little Help From My Friends
The Beatles


OK. Where do I start? I got this idea. I wanted to have a series of online art shows during 2010. I created the Git Outta My Face website. I put up a prospectus. It pretty much went unnoticed. I was bummed out but I am not a quitter. I am trying it again. I am promoting it in a different way. The new deadline is January 15, 2010. It costs nothing to submit your work.

PLEASE participate or help me find artists who are interested!

My motivation is simple. I want to have five online shows with different themes during the coming year. I think it would be fun. It offers artists another place to show their work. Since each artist will have their own exhibition page with their information, it will offer a way for viewers to be redirected to the artist’s websites. Also, the shows will allow artists to meet new, unfamiliar artists.

Now here comes the “help from my friends” part. I need help promoting the first show “GO AWAY!” I am trying to do something for artists, but I can’t do it alone. This is why I am asking for help from you, my friends. If you have a blog, use Twitter, Facebook, or any other online forums, I would appreciate it if you would mention the show and encourage artists to participate. I would really appreciate any and all help from any of you. I am trying to do something positive and fun for artists. I think this is a win/win situation.


Click on pic to go to Git Outta My Face website and get the prospectus! If you have ANY questions, email me at wizzlewolf@aol.com
Thanks SO MUCH in advance to all who help me with this! :-)

12 comments:

foxygknits said...

I saw your request on twitter through @WSCreations. You need to contact @smellyrhino and let her know about this. I will do same.

Cagney King said...

Hey Sheree! Don't know how I missed this...but I just finished a painting that will be perfect for Git Outta My Face! This is fun! Thanks for NOT quitting:) Sometimes we artists just need more than one hit on the head!!

smellyrhinostudio said...

will promote. good luck.
:)

gilda said...

Hi Sheree,

I just posted it on my Facebook page......

Sheree Rensel said...

Foxy, Cagney, Smellyrhino, and Gilda,
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT AND HELP!!!! :-)

Gnagey Gallery said...

I'm an artist too! I'll post to my fan page for you.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48781871727#/pages/Marietta-GA/Gnagey-Gallery-of-Art-Prints-Cards/166293808628?ref=ts

Sheree Rensel said...

Gnagey Gallery, THANK YOU!! :-)

JafaBrit's Art said...

I am so glad you changed the deadline because as much as I wanted to do Get outta my face I was too distracted with ill health, travel, holidays.

As for organizing exhibits online or otherwise, oh boy I feel your frustration.

Sheree Rensel said...

Jaf,
I just want to get this online gallery up and running. This first show is just the beginning. I just hope people submit. It is just a fun thing to do. I think my "Git Outta My Face" online gallery will be a great thing. I just have to get people to hop on the bandwagon. It will be a positive thing.
P.S. I love your new blog background!! I might look into doing something like that for my blog too. :-)

Elizabeth said...

Sheree,
I like the idea of the online shows, and I would participate but don't have a piece that works for the theme. But I will link from my blog in any case. I hope it goes swimmingly.
E

Sheree Rensel said...

Elizabeth,
Sorry you can't participate, but if you can promote the link, that is good too!! Thank you!!!!!! :-)

deb said...

putting a call on my blog, not sure if I can play along, a little busy having my face reconstucted at the moment :(