Saturday, December 12, 2009

Art Blog: WISDOM

Main Entry: wis•dom
Pronunciation: \ˈwiz-dəm\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English wīsdōm, from wīs wise
1 a : accumulated philosophic or scientific learning : knowledge b : ability to discern inner qualities and relationships : insight c : good sense : judgment d : generally accepted belief
2 : a wise attitude, belief, or course of action
3 : the teachings of the ancient wise men
synonyms see: SENSE

You will get through this Sheree. I feel like I am being beaten with a stick right now. However, I am a true believer hard times bring new insights and life lessons. This is one of the most difficult times of my entire life. That is saying a lot because I have had some weird, difficult years! I can’t remember ever feeling like this. If I can sleep, I have nightmares. When I wake up, I am shaking literally. I feel like I am being chased by dragons and demons.

Thank the UNIVERSE for my art life. Come to think of it, I think ART has gotten me through a whole bunch of turmoil through the years. As I reflect on the last six months, another thing has occurred to me. I have been such a lucky girl in the past. I have always had so many WISE people surrounding me. I have been fortunate to be given the gift of wisdom from many of those who have passed through my life. I looked up the word wisdom and got a chuckle. I love the last line:
“synonyms see: SENSE”
That is what is missing in my life right now. Nothing makes sense. Yet I know from the wise ones I have known everything happens for a reason. Soon, I will look back at all this and it will make sense.

One of the most important things I have learned with time is nobody can make me do anything I don’t want to do. What I do and the kind of life I have is my choice. I need to remember that. Being fortunate to have all my wise mentors, I realize I have assimilated many traits of wisdom.

Now is the time I need to use them.




“You Can’t Make Me”
"Misbehaviorists Series"
Sheree Rensel
Acrylic on Canvas
8” X 10”
Click pic for detail view

5 comments:

Christy said...

Sheree,
I can't verbalize it all that well but I do entirely understand how you feel. I have a similar dilemma and I am trying valiantly but unsuccessfully to make sense of it. Here's to hoping we both get it figured out and /or life finally decides to help us out and gives us the answer. :)

Sheree Rensel said...

Christy,
ABSOLUTELY!!! Cheers to both of us!!! :-)

namastenancy said...

I can feel your distress from 3000 miles away. I still remember all too well being under the thumb of the vicious and the malicious and trying to understand WHY? WHY? WHY? In my case, I decided that there really wasn't any rational reason behind the behavior of powerful people behaving badly. They did it because they liked to see other people suffer. That may not be true in your case but I'm glad that you have the lifeline of art. Art saves lives. I know it saved mine.

Sheree Rensel said...

Nancy,
I KNOW you KNOW. However, I am trying to remember every day something both of us know for sure: This too will pass.

Thanks for reminding me that this is just a part of all of our lives at one point or another.

:-)

Lumilyon said...

Love your blog Sheree, love your attitude. I'll be hanging around for more!