Saturday, June 12, 2010

Art Blog: Boot Straps!




OK. Get it together Sheree! You are doing IT again. NOPE NOPE NOPE! We are going to do it differently now. Take a deep breath. Breathe. Calm down. Think.

It is finally over. I did it! I have moved every single shed of my belongings out of my job site. I have wanted to do this for years. The biggest problem is what am I going to do with 17 years worth of STUFF? My studio is wrecked. I have to start figuring out what to do and how to find a place for this junk so I can function. Organizing is one of my specialties, but this is a bit overwhelming.

To add fuel to the fire, I am in ART MODE right now. I want to start a new series of paintings. Actually, I am not sure about that either. Do I continue with the series I have been doing or start fresh? Stay tuned for the answer to that question in future posts. Also, I am thinking about my next job. I have no idea whatsoever where I will be (job wise) in two months or if I will be anywhere. I am working on starting my business “WIZZLE WORKZ”, but this is going to take some doing because I want to make it official, legal, and right. I have no idea what will happen.
Gulp. Breath, Sheree Breath.

I am not going to let anxiety get me again. I am not going through all this self inflicted drama. Rome does not have to be built in a day. Things will all work out. In fact, instead of letting myself mentally spin, burn, and crash land, I am going to make a sincere effort to believe everything is just ducky. I have lots of things to do and I need to concentrate on the positive. I am picking myself up by the boot straps and getting busy. Also, I will look forward to what is coming next. I don’t need to know what that is. It will be revealed without my fret or meddling.

Right now the paramount goal is just to BE.






“How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!”
Time to get to work Sheree!

4 comments:

Gilda said...

what a gargantuan task! how did you move all of that, and how long did it take? I will be doing the same thing very soon....I am leaving my job to go back to teaching full time, and have googobs of administrative materials and books and supplies that I have to move out of my office..

I will be following your progress!

Sheree Rensel said...

Gilda,
I started packing my SUV about 3 weeks ago. Every day, I would fill it up and drag the stuff home. That is why there are piles on piles of stuff. I am already going through it. I even had to have a guy move that big, blue display case over here for me. He has a truck. That case is too big for my little studio, but I love it so much, I don't want to trash it. Plus, it is will come in handy for some storage space. I will post when I get things under control. That will be a few days worth of work!!
:-)

lisa said...

I have a teacher friend who just retired-her studio looks just like yours! It's a great time to think about direction and let go of the materials you don't really need. Good luck with your sorting and organizing. :)

Sheree Rensel said...

Lisa,
Oh, I know what I have to do. I just have to DO IT! That is the drag. LOL