Friday, June 18, 2010

Art Blog: Positive ENERGY!



It is so funny how things happen. During good times or bad times, things just proceed. We take each moment as it comes. For some of us, we analyze those moments and feel the vibes. Things are really crappy for me right now. YES. I said it! These times are……………(you can insert any negative words you want here). I am on damage control and trying to zone out. This past week, I did just that as I mindlessly trolled Facebook.

An artist I know Mary Loziniak put up a link for a newly, finished necklace. I am NOT a jewelry person. I do wear a lot of beads, but that is the hippie in me. I don’t do lots of babbles. I never have because it gets in the way when I work. That being said, I saw Mary’s “Mad Hatter’s Necklace”. It is related to Alice in Wonderland. Well, I am Sheree in Wonderland right now. I have fallen down the hole and I am trying to make sense of the world. When I saw this necklace, I had to have it. It represented so many things to me; it signifies my life and my times right now. The necklace arrived and I love it even more than I thought I would. It stands as a symbol of who I am and where I am going.
It is all good.

THEN, there is Facebook’s Freida Kahlo.
Again. Another Facebook friend. I watch her posts and love every one of them. She lives in the vicinity of all my old haunts when I lived in Michigan. I love reading her posts, but most importantly, I love her spirit. She is always so effervescent, alive, and hopeful. She resembles all the things I am not right now. I saw one of her posts this week that excitedly announced a teaching job interview she attended. She was so full of spirit and wanted the job so much. I admire that energy and desire. I really do. I remember when I was that way. I really hope Jeanette (aka: Freida) gets the job of her dreams!

I want to feel that way again. I want to be alive with hope and have a fervor for life. I really do. So maybe I am gleaning that energy from my online friends. Maybe we should all do that. We need to help each other. We need to support each other. We need to understand that we are all there for each other in more ways than one.



GO FREIDA!!

Jeanette Locher
Click Jeanette's name to go to her website
Your spirit and energy touches my heart.
You have such great VIBES!!

I thank you for that!

2 comments:

Mary Vogel Lozinak said...

What a lovely post, I'm humbled, truly! As an artist I get a rush when someone likes one of my paintings or a piece of jewelry-whatever. I only make what I like so this is very special to me. I hope your life gets some "normal" back- I was in the hole for several months with my family and am just starting to see the clouds at the top again! xoxo Mary-Pinkflamingo

Sheree Rensel said...

Mary, I am glad you like the post. I LOVE the necklace. I am thinking of it as a concrete object that symbolizes a bright, new beginning.
:-)