Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Art Blog: Cha-Cha Changes

OK. I won’t be a cry baby! I am functioning. I am faking it until I am making it. I am a pro at that. However, things are not right and I don’t like the wrongness of things now.

I don’t have to tell anybody, this is a very hard time. It is really hard. Besides being uncomfortable in my own art skin, I am continually bombarded with reminders things are not well in the world. Never in my life have I felt things so strong and deep.

I have been on teaching hiatus for the past few weeks. I needed this. Normally, I accelerate and get right into making mega art. Ordinarily, I pull out all the stops. Not only do I work in my studio as usual, but I add all kinds of new projects. I make art videos; I send out art applications; I enter shows; I make art CDs; I do, I do, I do. This summer is different. I am very introspective and physically frozen.

It is kind of scary for me. I tend to stare into space a lot. The only ambition I have is to sit and think. I find myself feeling ”comfortably numb” as Pink Floyd said. I dream and think and try to figure out what the hell is going on in my mind and life. I haven’t gotten any specific answers yet. However, things are hopeful.

Last night in one of my self induced, meditative stupors, I watched the show “INTERVENTION” on TV. I love this show because I come for a long ancestral line of ……………, well, you get the idea. Anyway, during the actual intervention scene, one of the interventionists, Jeff VanVonderen, listened as one of the participants spoke. The guy was full of yadda yadda yadda. Jeff cut him off and said “Yeah well, whatcha gonna do about it??” For the first time in weeks, I actually perked up. Just watching his mouth say those words made me ask myself “Yeah SHEREE, so whatcha gonna DO about it?”

I went to sleep and woke up this morning with an entirely new plan. I have no idea how this will all pan out. I have no idea what will happen in my future. All I know is I am DOING something about it!
Jeff would be proud!

Things are going to be a CHANGING. I think this is a red letter day. I really do.


Click pic for detail view

No comments: