Saturday, February 12, 2011

Art Blog: The PLATE SPINNER

Things are going great, but I am all over the place!! (mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually) I am being reminded to take one day at a time and do what needs to be done. It is kind of funny because last year I was wishing for changes. Now, I have so many changes I can’t wrap my head around it because everything is moving so fast all I see is blur.

What is causing this confusion and fatigue? Let’s see. There is the art work that needs to be done at my studio 1 and studio 2. I need to get three pieces done for an upcoming show coming too soon. There is stuff I need to do to change my online Git Outta My Face Gallery. There are zillions of tasks I need to do for my job because I just got bunches of new technology. I have to plan and figure out how I am going to get the biggest bang for my buck during student lessons. I have to get the school yearbook created and published within the next three months. My house is a wreck inside and out. I am a mess inside and out. LOL Yadda, yadda, yadda.

ANXIETY? Ahh………..yeah, just a little.

So today is the day I said “STOP Sheree”. I am the one in charge here. I am doing this to myself. So……………………I need to make some changes. This will be a time of transition. A priority list is in order. What needs to get done first? 1-2-3-4-5-etc. Also, what really doesn’t need to be a part of my art life scenario? The rest of the weekend will be devoted to my rest and recuperation. While I am convalescing, I will decide what stays and what goes. Also, I need a timeline to figure out what comes first and last. Then, I will eat the elephant, one bite at a time.



Today when the alarm went off, I immediately remembered the 3 dozen things I needed to accomplish before 10 AM. I thought of the “plate spinner” on the Ed Sullivan show (Anybody remember that??? LOL) Well as I pulled the covers over my head to get a few more minutes sleep, I thought, “Sheree, today is the day you are going to realize IT IS OK FOR SOME OF THOSE PLATES TO FALL………..IT IS OK!”

No comments: