Thursday, March 24, 2011

Art Blog: TIME is the issue

We are all on this earth for whatever time we are allotted. I never thought I would live this long. I really didn’t. For some reason, I had it in my mind that if I could live long enough to see my daughter graduate from high school (or college??), I would be good to go. She did both to the tune of about six years ago. Who would of thought?

Of course, I appreciate my “stay”. She is a grown woman now with her own life. That is just dandy. However, I realize now I have the rest of this unexpected life I will have to live. OK. So now what?

NOW, I am going to continue to be the artist I have always been sans the maternal ties. I never was a mother type. That is OK. Not all women are meant to be mommies. I am going about my ART LIFE business per usual just as I have been doing for the last (how many??) decades.

One of the most exciting things is times are so different from when I became an artist. We now have technology and social networking. We can talk and interact with artists all over the world. I LOVE this. It has paid off big time for me. Also, it helps me stay in touch with my roots and my true self. I talk to other artists. I get to see their work. Sometimes, I give advice. I try to help them get through life bumps. After all, I have been there, done that.
The only thing I don’t like about technology and the internet is when people say things they would never say in person. There is absolutely no reason to be mean or disrespectful to other artists. EVER. We are all in this together. There is no need for negativity, fear, or jealousy. There really isn’t. If one of us does well; we ALL do well.

This is why I refuse to take part in anything that doesn’t promote artist’s success. There may be people who want to manipulate us all. Don’t let them. I for one know from a long life of living: none of us has time for any of that. If anyone tries to manipulate you, just say “No Thank You”. Our lives are too short. We don't have the time for any of that. We need to use our energy and TIME for creating the POSITIVE.

Just sayin………………………





“THE PUPPETEER”
Mixed Media Soft Sculpture
Sheree Rensel

1 comment:

erika allison said...

I love "The Puppeteer"! Nice post, too!