Thursday, March 17, 2011

Art Blog: Time of FEAR

I am always tuned into things happening in unison. Synchronicity is a wonderful thing. It makes me perk up. It makes me listen. It makes me take my life pulse. This week was a real doozy. Life events happened in such a perfect procession of weird, uncanny, parallel, and bizarre situations, I didn’t just perk up; I jolted forward in my chair.

I see these events as little life lessons or tests. I think the Universe sends me life exams to see if I really, really believe in what I think I have learned. This week I was a star student. I didn’t flinch once. I didn’t panic. I didn’t want to scream. I just watched as it all went down. I stood back and watched others melt down. It wasn’t pretty. It is so sad. None of this was about me. I have lived and FINALLY learned to save my energy to circumvent the negative and grab the positive brass ring. If it isn’t visible now, it will be the next turn of the merry-go-round.

So much scary stuff is going on in the world right now. The economy sucks. There is world strife. The whole globe is feeling the unrest to our bones. Even in my little art life UNIVERSE, I feel how people are so scared. I see how people are living on the edge of their lives in FEAR. They base there opinions on the "WHAT IF" factor. Even though I don't agree with that strategy, I understand why they chose to think this way.

So many things seem to be going wrong in the world right now. However, I realized this week as I sat calmly watching as others ranted and raved, spewing out their fear based opinions, I am not going there with them. I am strangely calm. Of course, I hate some of the status quo. I don’t like the way certain people think. Yet, there is this feeling inside me that knows and trusts my long life of experiences. Things always work in cycles. The pendulum will swing back eventually. In the meantime, I refuse to see things in such dark colors. I refuse to attack the innocent because I feel afraid. I refuse to live my life in FEAR.




“Fear of the Unknown”
Mixed Media on Arches
Sheree Rensel

2 comments:

Dave said...

That painting is amazing! Is that new?

Sheree Rensel said...

Dave,
THANK for the thumbs up! No. That particular painting is not new. In fact, I did that back in 1991. I did a series of ten. However, I went in another direction because they were so time consuming to do. I am just now getting back to revisiting that style. I loved doing these. However, I would really like to get rid of the collage elements and paint everything. That would take MORE TIME that I don't have. Yikes!! It will all work out eventually and I will be able to do similar things. It haunts me all the time.
:-)
Sheree