Saturday, December 17, 2011

Art Blog: Don't Worry, Be Happy



I quit my job yesterday. I quit my job yesterday. I quit my job yesterday. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, be quiet Sheree. Stop it. I am sitting here trying to enjoy the external silence, but my mind is screaming loudly. I can't believe I did this. FINALLY! This has been a long time coming. I just didn't make it happen sooner. I blame myself. I have worked in the same room for over 18 years. One time I did a time study and realized I had spent more time in that one room than anywhere else in my entire life. My last day there will be January 20, 2012. Wow.

Even though this is such a huge risk, I don't care. I had to do this for my own well being. I am not going to go into specifics, but this past year has been a beat down. Seriously, I have felt like I am being tasered on the hour. My nerves are shot. I haven't been able to sleep. I have been getting terrible headaches. I can't really do a great job because of the circumstances. I know myself very well. I am a Type-A, worker bee. I thrive on achievement. If I can't do wonderful work in at least a minimally, appreciative environment then Sheree isn't happy.

So now it is time to get Sheree happy again.

One of the very positive things I noticed this morning is there is an actual ending. I have a specific date when it will be over. I wonder what will happen next? It is almost like I have gotten my future back. Some might say I wrecked my future by quitting. I don't see it that way at all. I see a blank canvas (of life) waiting for me to fill it up with new marks and colors.

I am not in panic mode yet. I might not ever allow myself to get anxious about this life decision. I have been taking care of myself for a very long time. I doubt I would let anything bad happen to me at this point. I saw this "short life" quote on Facebook today. It says exactly what I feel right now. When I am done with my QUIET time, I am going to shout this quote as loud as I can and then smile because it is the truth!



PERFECT!


3 comments:

namastenancy said...

What a courageous, amazing step into your new future.

Sheree Rensel said...

Thank you Nancy. I can't believe how peaceful I feel. I am not freaking out at all............Go figure. LOL

Sheree Rensel said...

Thanks to Marilyn Fenn on G+. She sent me this wonderful message:


Congratulations! Freedom!!!

"Your future path will open up for you, I think. After my last layoff from a job that was torturing my soul, I had enough $$ saved to kick back for a few months and paint, paint, paint, and dig gardens and plant flowers, etc. I regained my sense of myself at peace, then went on to find ways to make a much smaller income through art and freelancing, which I have continued to this day...9.5 years later. No regrets over leaving that soul-killing place!

Take care of yourself. Enjoy your decision. Be open to new opportunities, but only ones that will be good for you. When one door closes, another opens...Cheers, and Happy New Life!"