Saturday, March 31, 2012

Art Blog: Back to REALITY

Well, I have had my fun. I have had no day job for two months now. I just decided to take some time off because I deserve it. It is kind of funny because I see a pattern here. Way back when I graduated from art school, I took an entire year off. Since it takes about 5ish years for a BFA and another 2 years for a MFA, I went to school straight though (including every summer). I cut the time down to about five years. When I got my diplomas, I went on a yearlong binge of doing NOTHING except.................well, we won't get into that part. LOL

I was tired. I felt deprived of fun. I just wanted to be a slacker for a while. I did and I was. However, an amazing thing happened. One day I woke up and there was a voice inside my head that said "You're done". From that moment on, I was Sheree the artist in high speed. I haven't stopped moving for over thirty years.

Go Sheree Go.

Needless to say, this hiatus was much shorter and a lot more tame. But I needed the time to sort things out and rejuvenate my art spirit. I think I am ready now. Actually, I don't have a choice. I have to work for the money and the activity. I hate not really moving around all day. I have been on my feet for decades and this sedentary, sit on your butt all day lifestyle isn't my thing. Even though I have worked on art during the past two months, I have not been active the way in which I am accustomed. I want to MOVE. A money job would be great but I am almost more interested in being active again. I miss that even more.

So it is over now. My goal for April is to FOCUS on my art and getting another job. I am ready. It is time to rejoin the world and get all my ducks in a row. I have loved this time to myself. I have had some great revelations and introspections. However, it is time to get back to LIFE.



This is a perfect example of why I need to get my butt in gear. If you click the pic, you will see my studio. Those photos are so old, it doesn't even look like my studio anymore. There is so much to do. It isn't just updating my website, but also updating my life in general.

I am lighting the fire NOW!

No comments: