Sunday, July 29, 2012

Art Blog: Remembering LOVE

I just got it! I mean the revelation hit me today. If you have followed me here, you know this is a blog about the emotionality of being an artist and a human being on this earth. I have been involved in a six month hell hole whirlwind of indecision and frustration. Thank goodness I have survived. I am well aware that I have been treading water and came up for breaths many times. There is a part of me that had faith, but there was another part that wanted to curse the Gods. I felt I deserved more and better.

I have nothing to really complain about at all. I mean, it could be a whole lot worse. I have a home. I eat well. I have enough art supplies to last for years. Even my library could keep me busy reading new books until I die. Yet, I still felt jilted. Am I spoiled? Why do I have such anger right now? I guess it is because I was given such a blessing and it is now gone. Back in 1993, I was thrust into a work position that was totally unexpected or desired. The job of teaching underprivileged , emotionally disturbed children came across my path and before I knew it, I was supposed to do this job. Oh. OK. whatever. I learned fast that I used art to teach these kids about LOVE under the umbrella of art and expression.

I did that for almost two decades. At the beginning of this year, I had to leave. It just wasn't working. All my desire to work to create more love and compassion in the world was blockaded by our environment and societal systems. Our world, our society has placed barriers that prevent teachers and caregivers a chance to truly change the world. Our open arms have been handcuffed.

So I was out of a job and began wandering. Where will I go next? What will happen? Well, it seems I have a new landing place now. I will speak about the details at a later date. However, I see a common denominator. My new job has all kinds of job duties and requirements. However, the one thing I learned is that the main ingredient of the job is really being able to spread the love and give attention to those in need. Now, I get it. It is the same kind of job, it just has different people involved. I will be doing the same thing but in a different way. I am so excited about this because I have so much love to give. I am eager to hug those around me and let them know it will all work out. It will.
I know, because I have lived it.


This is all that really matters.

No comments: