Friday, August 31, 2012

Art Blog: Soft Place to FALL

This has been an unbelievable year for me so far. I quit my teaching job and have been looking for a new, fresh start. It is all good. I have had a couple of "false alarms", but that is OK because I learned something from the experiences. In fact, it has been a wonderific last few months. I have learned to live "poor" again. That doesn't really bother me at all. I can do this, just as I have for many years before.

One thing that is different now is I realize my worth. I have mad skills. People always told me that and I would shrug their comments off. Despite awards and accolades, I just thought I was an ordinary artist/teacher. I wanted to do my jobs and live life. That was it.

Now, I have come to a time in my life in which the clock is ticking. If everything goes well, I might have twenty more good years. I realize this and want to make the best of it.

So what do I want? My desires are probably very similar to your own. I want a "SOFT PLACE TO FALL". In other words, I want a place to work in which I can work a long time. This place will appreciate my skills, love my creativity, and want me to use my enthusiasm and happiness to do a job well done. I want to do meaningful work that helps people. Also, I want to be allowed to laugh loud sometimes. LOL

That is it. That is all. I don't think this is asking too much. :-)


Just like this: A SOFT PLACE TO FALL
I know it will happen sooner or later. I just need to find the fit. I will too. Thank you Universe!

1 comment:

namastenancy said...

I think that you should do whatever you need to do to find that soft place. It's not an easy thing to do but well worth it.