Friday, December 28, 2012

Art Blog: The New Now - Part 2

OK, here is the rest of the story. In fact, it is perfect timing. We are approaching a new year. I am starting a new life. It is all good. You can believe it or not. I really don't care. I know this is very true. I lived it. It is the truth.

I have always had some kind of weird things happening to me. I have seen auras. I have seen spirits. I have seen extremely weird, nebulous visions. The first time I experienced any of this was when I was seven years old. I was sent by a Catholic nun to deliver something to the rectory. I walked alone between the school building and the attached rectory. The breezeway was stone with a fountain. I was kind of scared by the journey. Even though it was just a few steps, the sounds of the hollow hall and my tiny feet on the cobblestones, it set me back. I was weary. Then something happened. I can't really explain. All I know there was a flash, I stopped walking, and I felt safe. It was a strange thing, but it happened. I have always remembered this. It was the start of a lifetime of unusual events and abilities.

Over all my years, I have continued to have weird things happen. Like I said before, believe it or not. I know it really happens. I have seen auras. I have seen visions of people in the past. I have had dreams that come true. To me all this is fact. I have never attempted to develop any kind of skills beyond what was happening to me naturally. I don't want to be a psychic or anything like that. I just want to be Sheree who sees bizarre things every once in a while.

So this brings us to the NOW. I will call it the NEW NOW. My most recent hooky, spooky vision was a dozen weeks ago. I had been looking for a job for months. I had a few takers but I wasn't a wanter. Nothing seemed to fit. Then I got a call from a woman (my angel) who said they were looking for someone to create an art/technology program at their institution. I almost lost my footing. After nine months (the time it takes to create a new life) of trying to find a job for me, this call came out of the blue. I listened and agreed to meet with her on the appointment date. The night before our interview, I had a dream. It was a very vivid dream. In fact, I woke up the next morning with a perfect image in my head. It was so specific, I laid there thinking about it. Where had I seen this before? Why was I thinking of this image? I really pondered this image. What was it?

I was most taken by the architecture. Was it a church I had visited? What is this golden image of windows and struts? It was familiar, yet strange. I laid there in bed for about ten minutes working this vision in my head. Finally, I gave up and went on with the day. I had to prepare for my interview. I got ready and went to the address. I had to go to the security station first. I told them why I was there and they called the appropriate person. I sat and waited. The interviewer came and got me. I followed her to the building that was to be the work site. I entered the building and my jaw dropped. It was my dream. It was the same architecture. It was a building in which I had never seen before in real life, yet it showed up in my dream. I completed the interview and the rest is history.
I got the job.
This is the lobby of where I work now. Go figure. Believe what you want.



Click here for a peek at my NEW "DIGS"

2 comments:

nancy namaste said...

I can well believe that you "saw" where you were going to get the job that would be the right fit for you. I have had prescient dreams at crucial points in my life. I think that we get these dreams because we honor them; those who don't dream or who immediately reject these messages eventually don't get them any more.

Sheree Rensel said...

Nancy,
Thank you so much for your insight. I really value your feedback. Ordinarily, I don't really care what people think when it comes to this "seeing" stuff. I know this happens to me and it is the real truth. I dream every night in TECHNICOLOR. However, this dream was a little bit different. It was so vivid and clear, I laid there thinking about it for a few minutes the morning after it happened. I really didn't recognize or understand why I saw what I saw. I do now.
:-)
Sheree