Sunday, April 27, 2014

Art Blog: Art Crush

Every so often, you see the work of another artist which hits you like a shot of adrenaline. This is what happens when I look at Tony Fitzpatrick's work. I have an art crush on his work. I love all his work. I love his onscreen personality. I love that he is an artist in many forms. I love that he has an obsession for creating.

I have an affinity for birds in art. However, Mr. Fitzpatrick has a wide range of subject matter. His color is wild and wooly. It screams "LOOK at me!" Yet to see and hear this artist speak, there is a surprise. He doesn't look like an artist. He looks like a car mechanic. However if you listen to his words, it becomes crystal clear. He is an artist of the best kind.

Here is a chance to hear him speak for himself. He does it far better than I could. BTW Mr. Fitzpatrick, thanks for the artistic jumpstart!

Click pic to watch this brief, but entertaining video interview

No comments: