Thursday, August 27, 2015

Art Blog: The CLICK

This has happened to me before. Whenever I am in dire straits, I wander and whimper for while. Then, there is this CLICK. All of the drama goes away and I am back on track. This recent bout of turmoil has lasted quite while. I dug deep into my toolbox to find a way out. It seemed nothing was working.

I watched tons of art videos. I read bunches of art blogs. I stood in the middle of my studio only to walk out a few minutes later. For the first time in my life, I thought "Maybe I am just done making art(?)"

I have been having some health problems. Nothing deadly, but still worrisome. I didn't care about this except for the way it was effecting my art motivation. There were moments I thought I was doomed. However, I kept digging in that toolbox. I kept thinking, I just need to hear the CLICK.

I decided to resume my bucket list project. For the past few years, I have had it in my mind to continue to show in all the states united. I have shown lots in Michigan and Florida because I have lived in both states. However, I want to show my work in all 50. So, I entered a show in Minnesota. This is one state in which I have never shown my work. Weeks later, I was notified I got two pieces in the show. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

This morning, I woke up very early and packed up the work to travel. I filled out the forms, paid for shipping, and dropped it off to put it on it's way. I love thinking of my work going to all the places I have no desire to visit. It is like my art is my proxy tourist. This is fine with me.
I came home after dropping the work off and fell asleep on the couch. The hours of prep made me tired. Then, I woke up. I got up and picked up some canvases and started working. I even got out my graphite pencils and worked on preliminary ideas. I realized I heard the CLICK.

THANK GOD!


I have 20 something states and 3 international exhibits so far. I have to recheck my resume to make sure the numbers are accurate. In the meantime, I am on my way. Now, I have to find shows in places like North Dakota, Alaska, Hawaii, etc. At least, it gives me a goal.
I want to keep clickin.

No comments: